Sunday, July 1, 2007

Bachelorette party!

My bachelorette party was tonight, I was a little worried because literally half of the party backed out at various times during this week, so there were only 5 of us but it ended up being really really fun. We met at my house and drove out to Ann Arbor to Janelle's house, then Janelle drove us to Sodako? A sushi restaurant. We got a huge platter of sushi, and managed to eat it all. Then we went to....an adult themed store, where they wanted to buy me some accessories. I convinced them to let me get away with just a sash and tiara that both had flashing lights and said 'bride to be'. Once I was all suited up, they started the first 2 games. In one game, they gave me a task, such as asking a guy to show me his belly button. The other game, I didn't know it but they each had a word that, if I said it, they made me do something. So when I said shoes (which I said often because they were killing me, I had to do a hula dance. And when I said Eric I had to flex my muscles. So I had to pay attention to what I had said right before they made me do it and had to guess what the trigger words were. I also had to get advice from 5 married couples, and 3 business cards. The other tasks you can see in the pictures.

We were walking around downtown Ann Arbor, right near the university, so there were a lot of young guys around, and 4 of them just happened to be playing beer pong in the front yard of their frat house. I had never played before, and didn't even know the rules, but they let me play, actually they just let me throw the balls until I got one in. I only drank a sip of the beer because it was soo gross but it was a fun experience.

Eventually we went back to the house and made some drinks and had chocolate fondue, and played some games. It was a lot of fun. The girls gave me a gift, a little nightgown and a robe. Shannon also gave me a lingerie set from Victoria's Secret, and a lollipop from Brandon. I'll let you guess the shape.

Ryan has a well stocked bar, so I got to try a couple of things, (kahlua and milk is going to be one of my favorites) and I found a recipe online that I thought sounded good, so I had them pick up the ingredients and I made it for all the girls (that were 21) and they really liked it, so I thought I'd put it up here:

Big Hawaiian (aka Jasmine's bachelorette party drink)
2 not quite full shot glasses of coconut rum
1/2 shot glass of watermelon schnapps
a 6 oz can of pineapple juice
1/2 shot glass of grenadine

It called for rum and coconut rum but we just used coconut. It made 3 little glasses of it.

It was a fun party night...Eric is in Canada right now with his bachelor party, I'm sure he'll post about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment