Thursday, March 8, 2012

Pinterest Dinner Week, Day 2

Last night's Pinterest-inspired new recipe was Crock pot Greek Chicken and Quinoa, adapted From This blog, which has a list of convenient, healthy crock pot recipes. My original plan was to try the recipes as they were originally written, but I don't think I've ever done that, I'm always tweaking things or substituting things.

Greek Chicken

4 chicken breasts
1 Red Onion, diced (I used a yellow onion)
3 Cups Vegetable Broth
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
1 cup Quinoa
Juice of 1 Lemon (1/4 cup)
1 Tbs. Oregano
1 Tbs. Basil
1/4 cup kalamata olives
Place all ingredients except chicken in crock pot and stir well. Add in chicken . Cook on low for 6+ hours, until chicken is cooked.

Pull chicken out and put on a plate, then serve it on top of the quinoa mixture. You can top it with more kalamata olives, thinly sliced cucumbers, and/or feta cheese!


I thought it was pretty good, I think it definitely needs the thinly sliced cucumbers and feta cheese for a little more texture and flavor, and the extra kalamata olives tasted better with it than the ones cooked in the dish. Eric and I liked it, if you like Greek food you'll like it too. The kids didn't love it, however, so it won't become a regular.

No comments:

Post a Comment