Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 5, the movie

The kids and I were coloring together, it was really the first time I had seen Jebriel color, other than little marks on a small piece of paper, so I didn't know what he could do. I watched him draw a little, then I drew a circle, and he tried to draw a circle. I drew a smiley face inside my circle, and he did one in his too. Then he wanted me to draw another circle, and he made the face inside. He thought that was so cool that we did it over and over again, and every time he finished another face, he would get Vivi's attention (as he always does when he finds something amusing, and count the faces out loud. He started getting to 3 or 4 in English and then switching to Amharic, but when he was done, I would count them again in English and he started remembering more numbers.

Isn't he the cutest?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment