Saturday, April 21, 2012

Journey's birthday party

We had a really good turn out for Journey's first American birthday party! She had 3 grandparents and 3 great-grandparents there (including my grandma from Florida) as well as a ton of aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends who came to celebrate sweet Journey. It was a pretty busy party and I didn't get many pictures, but here are some of the more important parts:

I made a from-scratch stawberry cake with strawberry frosting for my dye-free girl. It turned out cute, and really yummy!

 Decorations-I picked red because she wanted an Elmo party, and I let her pick a 2nd color, so of course she chose purple :)




The munchies-Greek dip with pita chips, a rainbow fruit salad (yes, I'm aware that I did it backwards-Eric chose to notice that just as I finished with the purple grapes on the outside-oops!) and goldfish crackers.


Getting ready to sing-Journey was overwhelmed and not interested in all the fuss by this point

Big brother helped her blow out the candles



Big sister enjoying her dessert. She had one cupcake, then said "Mommy, may I have another cupcake?" Since it was a party, I said "sure honey". She looked at me and said "Mommy, may I have another cupcake?" I said "yes you may". Then she looked at me in disbelief and said "another cupcake??" As if I wasn't hearing her correctly, because surely I wouldn't let her have 2 whole cupcakes in one sitting! Silly girl :) I said "Yes, you may have another cupcake" and she finally believed me.

The men
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment