Friday, December 30, 2011

More bedroom projects

I never even got around to 'after' pictures of the house, I should do that while the festive Christmas decorations are still up :)

I mentioned yesterday that we had a lot of projects in mind for Jeb's room. Shelves, closet rods, and blinds to hang, and some wall art and a craft project I had in mind. I got the letters for his name:


And made a cool Mickey wall hanging with a shadow frame and scrapbook paper that I'm pretty happy with. I have a picture of Jeb and his 2 best friends (who will also be living in nearby states when they finally come home to their parents!) that I want to hang on one side, and then I'm imagining a picture of the 5 of us on the other side.


Last week we worked on the girls' room. This is Vivi's side, with her bed, 3 month picture collage, cross stitch her Aunt Amanda made her, the cross my mom gave her when she was dedicated at church, and a cute little ladybug. We just added the ladybug and flower night light. I have a photographer friend (another Amanda!) working on photo collages for Jeb and Journey, I just have to find someone to do cross stitches for them ;)


On this wall we have a wall hanging from Vivi's nursery at the old house, and they got this picture frame for Christmas and loved it so much, they wanted to put a picture in it and hang it right away!


And here is my Christmas present! Always putting the kids' purchases first (because let's face it, it's just more fun to buy kid stuff!) we never had a comforter that fit the king bed we've had for 2 years. We had sheets, and then we had a patchwork of random blankets over each of us to keep us warm. Making the bed never looked right. I've been wanting a bedding set pretty much since getting the new bed, but between the prices being so high and having a hard time finding a set I loved, we never did it. Finally I found a set I loved, for a pretty good price, and we had a coupon, so I got my bedding set! I never thought I'd have a red bedding set, I've always been a blue in the bedroom person, but it's so warm and cozy, and sharing one big blanket at night and having a pretty bed to make in the morning is so nice!


I'll have a couple of crafty posts in the next couple of days, I'll show how I made the Mickey wall art (cute, easy AND cheap!), and I also made a skirt for Vivi (and Journey is pretty mad that I didn't get hers done yet!) that was super easy and turned out super cute!

There's a good chance this will be the last post I write in 2011, so Happy New Year everyone!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how something as "simple" as a comforter can be AWESOME! So glad you got something you love. And nice on the craft projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His two best friends..... and my heart melted :) Hopefully I can get more shots of them for T's room :)

    ReplyDelete