Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hanukkah

You'll have to bear with me during the busy holidays, I haven't had as much time to sit and post. There are a lot of pictures of each event, so I'll be making picasa albums and putting the links here. In lieu of a long post about each day, I'll be putting captions in under the pictures to explain what is going on.

Here is the Hanukkah album. We had a great time with the family and ate lots of yummy latkes. I got some very cool books, a Montessori book I had been wanting, and The Frugal Gourmet on our Immigrant Ancestors: Recipes you should have gotten from your grandmother. I love that part of the title! It has a few pages of recipes from countries all over the world, with a little bit of history on each country. Recipes and reviews to follow. Right now I'm blanking on what Eric got...I'll have to post that later. I know he was happy about it though!

One of the things that didn't cross my mind when thinking about being a parent is that people will want to spoil Jenavieve and buy things just for her. It is so sweet to think of people thinking about her and shopping for special gifts for her. I loved seeing the little gift tags with her name on them. Eric thinks I'm weird though ;)

Vivi got 2 adorable dolls and some fun books, as well as some cute clothes. I'm so glad she got the dolls, she just loves touching their faces and hands, and of course she loves books. One of them is a cloth book, so it is really easy for her to turn the pages on her own. She was really getting the hang of opening presents, she would play with the toy, then Amy would bring her another present and she would drop the toy and grab the present and start pulling at the paper.

Hanukkah 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment