Saturday, October 22, 2011

We are here!

Sorry for the absence! We are all moved in (well, almost all moved in!) and after hitting a few bumps, we are finally settling down.

Moving day went well, my sister and brother-in-law and my parents helped us, and Eric used his brother's truck. Since all of our furniture is from Ikea (seriously, all of it!) Eric and Ryan went to the apartment, took apart a piece of furniture, loaded the pieces into the truck, and brought it over to the house to set back up.

The first night went well, neither of the girls had any problems going to sleep at the new house. The old house had been getting weird for them anyway since we were slowly moving things out. After moving the table and chairs to the new house, we were eating breakfast and lunch on the floor where the table used to be, and then when Eric came home from work, we would load up the car and eat dinner at the new house. Vivi wasn't enjoying her things being in different places and not knowing what important piece of furniture would disappear next. I think we were all ready to move!

I think we have been here for 3 weeks now? We didn't have the internet until a week ago, AT&T has horrible customer service and in order to transfer our service to the new house, they just put us at the end of the line and said someone would be out in November. ??? Eventually we learned that if we signed up as new customers with Uverse, they would have someone out within days. So we decided to get cable tv for a month in order to get the internet. The day they were supposed to come out, the girls and I stayed home all day, but they never showed! Eric finally called them and supposedly we got scheduled by one person and then someone else noticed that we had a problem with our line and unscheduled us, but nobody was going to call and tell us that. Since we had this problem, nobody could come out and fix it until November. Arg! So, we called Comcast. We're paying a little more, but they came out within days and were friendly and seemed to actually value us as customers.

I don't know if it's that we're picky, or if we're just having bad luck lately, but we have been firing a lot of people in our lives! We won't be going back to the girls' dentist, Journey's hand doctor AND her eye doctor (who we really liked but he won't return our numerous calls, and we need answers, so he's got to go!) We wanted so badly to fire our contractor but that didn't work out, and then we had to fire our internet provider! I was thinking it was bad service, but now I'm starting to wonder if it's us...

Jebriel's case has been delayed again, and again, but we are slowly inching our way toward the finish line and he should be home in just a couple of weeks. We can't wait to get him home and the wait is driving us crazy, but it is a comfort to know that he is happy and healthy and in good hands while we all wait.

I should really be sleeping right now, because tomorrow we are getting up early for dance class, then I'll be spending the rest of the day with my best friend Sam on her wedding day!!! We are getting our hair done together and then heading to the church to get dressed and ready! I am so excited! A little bit nervous about giving my maid of honor speech, which I had all written and then today I started panicking and picking at every sentence until I just had to print it and fold it up and I'm just not going to look at it anymore until I get there!

I'll close this post with an adorable picture of my girlies! We went to Kensington the other day, where Vivi really enjoyed petting all the animals, and Journey hid in the back seat of the double stroller and cried if an animal looked at her. But, I was able to snap a few cute pictures under this pretty autumn tree!


No comments:

Post a Comment