Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Best Oven Roasted Potatoes

These were super easy to make, and they tasted like steak fries you would get at a restaurant! I served them with grilled chicken and a big salad, and my dad is planning on using the leftovers I gave him to eat with his eggs for breakfast. Yum!

Best Oven Roasted Potatoes

1/8 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic OR 1 tsp garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 tsp chili powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed

Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine oil, garlic, parsley, chili powder, pepper, and salt.
Stir in potatoes until evenly coated. Place potatoes in a single layer in an oven safe
dish. I used a casserole dish, a baking sheet would work fine too.
Roast for 20 to 30 minutes, turning occasionally to brown on all sides.

I found the original recipe here but adapted it by reading the comments for the recipe, which usually helps. The original recipe would have been too herby for me I think.

I didn't take a picture of it, but it looked really yummy, an impressive dish for company. The yummy dishes never end up with pictures taken because they disappear so fast ;)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds really good. I am going to have to try that! I just make a Turkey Cheddar bake last week. It was really good & made enough for 2 9x9 dishes (one to cook, one to freeze) & Jeff LOVES it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The superb highly informative blog I’m about to share this with all my contacts.

    ReplyDelete