Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day!

Happy Blizzard 2011 Day! As expected, it isn't nearly as historically awful as the news suggested, but I guess it isn't over yet, so we'll see! Eric worked from home in the morning, then went in for the afternoon, but I think he was the only one in the office because we live so close. Vivi and I planned to stay in all day, so I started looking for things to do so we wouldn't go crazy! Because we got so much nice new snow, we made snow cream, which was 1 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of sugar (we thought that was pretty sweet though...) and then a big bowl full of snow. Mix the milk and sugar first so the sugar dissolves, then scoop snow in slowly until it gets to the 'right' consistency. Jenavieve wanted the whole bowl in, so that's what we did. This was a great activity for a young toddler because she gets the scooping and stirring practice, and it's just snow so it won't hurt anything.


She was very proud that I was taking pictures of her stirring-that is her proud face below :)


Then it was time to taste, yum!


Then more transfering!


We also did a Valentine's craft today to get in the February mood-this was equal parts-ish of shaving cream and glue, and I added food coloring. Then she painted it on construction paper that I had cut into hearts. I got the idea from a blog (but I can't find it again to give credit, sorry!) anyway, it also said to sprinkle glitter on top of the painted goo, but we didn't have any glitter, so I put some sugar in a salt shaker and let her shake some on when she was done with each heart. They aren't completely dry yet so I don't know what will happen to the texture tomorrow, but it turned out cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment