Sunday, July 5, 2009

Vivi's first 4th of July

We went to Uncle Rick and Aunt Laura's annual 4th of July party-one of the highlights of our year!

The fruit bouquet Allison made for our shower inspired me to try one, so this was the perfect opportunity. It turned out really cute, if I do say so myself :)

Vivi slept through the first part of the party, but then she woke up and visited with everyone. The kids went fishing and caught a lot of fish and then they had an adults vs kids basketball game. Then it was time for the fire, s'mores, and fireworks. 

We weren't sure how Vivi would do with the loud noises, so we planned on watching them from inside the house if they bothered her. She slept through the first 10 minutes, then when she woke up, she loved watching the fireworks! She kept looking up at them and cooing. She never jumped, even when the people at the house next door set them off.

We thought to take the video camera, which I'm SO glad because we got some cute footage of her watching the fireworks, but Vivi's adorableness has filled up my laptop and I don't have the space for it, so we are going to wipe my other computer of everything and let that be the media computer. Once we do that, I'll be posting videos!

Here is a slideshow of the pictures, if you'd like to see them bigger or at your own pace, you can view them here. If you want a high quality copy for printing, let me know and I'll email it to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment