at 10:00 pm, we got a call from a woman at the agency in Utah saying that we had been picked by the birthmom, and that she wanted to talk to us! She made a conference call and we got to talk to her and she asked us a few questions. She seemed to really like us, and sounded really nice. At the end of the conversation she said that she had indeed chosen us to become the parents of her baby and that she wanted us to be there for as much as possible.
Eek! Since this is such a quick match, we also had a TON of paperwork to fill out and get in order and bring to Utah with us, not to mention packing suitcases for 3 people for who knows how many days! Needless to say, we haven't slept, and since we're leaving for the airport in an hour, probably won't...but there's always the 5 hours of plane ride!
There is still a chance that this won't be the right baby for us. In Utah, the birthmother has 24 hours after the baby is born to make sure she is making the right decision for her and the baby. If she decides to parent, we'll come back home empty handed, but we'll know that that wasn't the baby God had in mind for us, and will (patiently) wait for our situation.
If we do get chosen to parent this baby, we will have to stay in Utah for another week or 2, while we wait to get clearance to take the baby out of the state.
We would appreciate prayers for safe travel for us and for the birthmom, 'K', and all that she is going through.
We don't know where we'll be staying when we get there or if we'll have internet access but we'll try to keep everyone updated as often as we can!