Friday, April 18, 2008

Best job ever!

I seriously have the best job ever. I'm so glad I found this family. David and Kaylee are getting so big, they'll be 5 and 3 next month. Its a little sad, because when I started, David had just turned 2 and Kaylee was just a teeny baby, but its also really cool because they can do so much now.  David is in school 3 days a week so Kaylee and I get a lot of one on one time. She's such a girl, she loves to go to the mall and go out for coffee (she gets chocolate milk). And she loves to dress herself in the morning, and has come up with some very creative outfits! David is getting so smart, he's really interested in math lately, and we spend a lot of time trying to figure out things like 12 + 7 and what comes after 129. Its so cool to see him thinking so hard and then be all excited when he comes up with the right answer.

A couple of weeks ago we had a pajama party, and invited their cousin Thomas, who lives across the street, and his nanny Leah. Leah and I get along really well so its fun to get the kids together and then we can hang out and talk too. We were sitting on the floor playing Uno in our pajamas and slippers when we realized that we probably have the best job in the world.















Today we went to the zoo with Leah, Thomas, and another little girl that Leah nannies for, Ella. With the new car we could all go together, which the kids loved. It was a great day to go to the zoo! It got a little warm as we got into the peak of the afternoon but overall it was a good day. I didn't take my camera but Leah took a couple of pictures that I'll post when I get them.

So, yeah, pretty much loving life right now. I always feel much happier when it starts warming up outside. We got a bunch of vegetable seeds to plant in my mom's garden so we can have vegetables this summer. I planted some of them inside yesterday, I figure the sooner they sprout, the sooner I'll have veggies and with Michigan weather I don't want to plant outside now and have a blizzard next week. We got sugar snap peas, burgundy beans, beets, brussels sprouts, bell peppers, spinach, a salad green mix, zucchini, and yellow summer squash. My mom always buys tomato plants and Eric wants to try potatoes too but we'll see about that. Luckily my parents have a huge yard! 

1 comment:

  1. We are so lucky to have you! I'm teary-eyed!!!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete