Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My First Montessori Weekend

This weekend is my first Montessori weekend! Something is going on in Adrian and every hotel in the area was completely booked, so they are renting little rooms on campus to us for $45 a night. Hopefully the drive won't be too bad. Mapquest says it should take about an hour and a half to get there. I don't like driving so far but at least I don't have to do it at night. I have to be there at 2pm on Friday for Orientation, then Saturday morning from 8-10 I will learn about the Montessori Philosophy, from 10-12 and then 1-5 I will have Everyday Living, which will have material presentations and hands-on practice sessions. Then on Sunday from 8-10 we have Philosophy, and from 10-1 Everyday Living, then I get to go home! The first few weekends will probably be less interesting since they are getting us into the whole Montessori thing, but later when it gets more in depth it should be more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment