Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The letter C

A computer issue made me way behind in posting, we're on the letter F now, but I wanted to share some of the things we are doing to help us learn each letter of the alphabet!


We always start the week by decorating a big letter with something that begins with that letter. For C, we painted on the letter C with Cotton balls. I also let them pick more than one color so that they painted their letter c with Colors.


Later in the week we read a really good  book about the lifecycle of a Caterpillar. The book is called Life Cycles Caterpillar to Butterfly by Sally Hewitt, which came as part of a set of books with great close up pictures. My favorite picture from this book is of a caterpillar coming out of it's egg! It looks like the book is a little bit hard to find, but I included a link anyway. Sally Hewitt seems to be involved in a lot of science related books for kids that look really interesting.

Anyway, after we read the book, I had cut out paper circles and drew a C on the kids' papers. Then they used glue sticks to turn the C into a Caterpillar.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment