Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas, part 1

We decided to have our own little Christmas yesterday. Eric had the day off and I got out of work early and we realized that if we waited to exchange our gifts until the actual Christmas day, we would have to abandon them for all of the family things we have to attend, and Eric has to go back to work the next day (this working for hospitals thing is a lot different than working for a college like he used to) so we wouldn't really have time to spend playing with our new toys. So yesterday when I got home from work, we shut off our phones,  I put my pajamas back on, we made some tea, and exchanged gifts. It was really fun! Eric got me: some new socks, raspberries, swiss cake rolls, a pomegranate, lounge pants and a hoodie from Pink, pajamas with matching slippers from Victoria's Secret, and, a LAPTOP!!!! Its so cute, I also got a printer/scanner/copier to go with it, and a cute pink case to keep it in. Its a MacBook, neither of us have ever had a Mac before so we have a lot of learning to do. Luckily, Eric also got me a training thing where I can go in once a week for a whole year to the Apple store in the mall and have a 1 hour training session on anything I want to do with my computer. We went in yesterday and had our first session, and they even gave me a book of all the command code things and it has spaces for notes and questions we come up with for next time. I was impressed with how friendly everyone was...who knows, maybe we're becoming Mac people!
The laptop has a built in webcam, so we were able to talk to and see Eric's brother Brandon last night. We also got to meet a few of his friends. That was fun, we haven't seen him in a long time.
It also has all kinds of fun photo editing things, so we've had a lot of fun playing around with it, as I'm sure you'll see as we post our weird pictures in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment